The Top 5 Alternatives To Shopify
Are you looking for somebody who provides services similar to Shopify’s? The good news is, there are several competitors out there worth your consideration.
Shopify has earned its dominant place in the e-commerce site-building industry by providing outstanding services. There’s no guarantee that the services they offer are a perfect fit for what you need. There might just be someone out there offering a platform that works better for you.
If you’re still in your initial fact-finding phase, I’d strongly recommend trying out the 14-day free trial Shopify has to offer. (To study up further on Shopify, you can check out our in-depth review here.)
If you’ve already taken a close look at Shopify and you’re still looking for alternatives, the discussion presented here may help you.
Some of the alternative platforms deliver a suite of tools roughly equivalent to those offered by Shopify, while some have less functionality. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing; you might be in the market for a less complex platform.
The following Shopify alternatives have earned our recommendation for customers that are looking for something different.
* BigCommerce: This service provides hosting, minimizing the amount of effort required on your part. Perfect for larger companies, BigCommerce’s plans start at $26.95 per month.
* Magento: This self-hosting platform is perfect for larger businesses with in-house technical knowledge. Magento offers free plans, with hosting costs handled separately.
* WooCommerce: This is another self-hosted platform suitable for larger businesses with somewhat more technical know-how. There are free options available, with separate hosting costs.
* Wix: Wix is a drag-and-drop website-building service that offers hosting solutions as well. Suited nicely to smaller businesses, Wix has plans starting from $17 per month.
* Weebly: Weebly is another all-in-one service suitable for small businesses looking for an easy-to-use solution. Their plans start at $8 per month.
* Oberlo: Oberlo is a product sourcing app which is a perfect fit with Shopify Plus. Shopify also recommends it officialy to be used with their platform. You can find more information here: ecomsuccessacademy.net/oberlo-review
That’s the basic roster of Shopify alternatives; as we progress we’ll talk more about how they compare to each other and which ones might fit your needs.
If your e-commerce platform requirements are fairly robust and you’re looking for a platform that offers you plenty of flexibility (i.e., one very close to Shopify), these are the best alternatives to look at. You can get more information here: ecomsuccessacademy.net/shopify-plus-pricing
These platforms are ideal for constructing larger e-commerce stores, namely those with more than 10 products to sell. They work well for high sales volume businesses, and they’re also perfect if you want to customize your webstore extensively.
If your goals are more focused on ease of use and simplicity, skip down to the next section to look at the most user-friendly Shopify alternatives. If you want to get more information you can find the details here in this article: https://virtocommerce.com/glossary/shopify-alternatives
Watch the video below to see our video overview of the top 5 Shopify Alternatives in 2018